Review for Call me Wild By Robin Kaye


Title:Call me wild
Author: Robin Kaye
Number of Pages: 346
Pub date: August 7, 2012
Source:Netgalley
Amazon Goodreads

Unemployed New York Times sports reporter, Jessica James gives up her big city life and moves into a borrowed house in Boise, Idaho. She's determined to become a great romance writer, and she only has one obstacle: she doesn't believe in love. Writing quickly becomes a challenge, so Jessica decides to go out and find some inspiration. She soon meets sexy, outdoorsy doctor Fisher Kincaid, who's more than happy to teach her all about love..

 First thoughts
So this was my first Robin Kaye book, but I heard nothing but great things so I decided to try my hand at her new novel call me wild.

My thoughts
Let me say for my first Robin Kaye book I was not let down. This was the perfect summer read to me.  I fell in love with the characters, the setting, and the pace of the book. If you’re looking for a good contemporary romance than this is the book for you!


Jessie and Fisher are the perfect characters .Jessica is recently fired from her job as a sports writer and decides to write a romance novel. How hard could it be? But Jessie is anti-romance. She doesn’t believe in love, she does believe in lust. But since she wants to write a romance novel love is a must! I did find her a bit annoying; she just frustrated me at times. Fisher (whom I want to marry) is the perfect everything! He’s sweet, he’s the dream guy! He falls hard for Jessie, but she’s still on the fence about him. It takes an army of family and friends to make these two realize that they a picture-perfect together and that their happily ever after is right around the corner.

One thing I loved about this book was how different the characters are. Well most of the time in books, movies, TV, and real life you see the girl constantly trying to get the guys attention. In call me wild that was not the case Fisher is the chaser and Jessie is the runner.

This book at times was downright hilarious. The secondary characters were a great little bunch.  Trapper and Karma, Hunter and Toni. Her best friend Andrew I loved them all. That family of his was a hoot! I almost loved the secondary characters just as much as the main ones!

Overall, this was a good read. Robin Kaye has made a new fan! Call me Wild was funny, entertaining, and let’s not forget a good romance story!  Now excuse me while I mosey over to get the rest of the books in this series!



Comments

  1. Thanks so much for taking the time to review Call Me Wild. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed it. I have a new series coming out in December, Back To You: Bad Boys of Red Hook. I hope you'll check that out as well.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment