Pushing The Limits By Katie McGarry

Title:Pushing Thee Limits
Author: Katie McGarry
Number of pages: 384
Pub date: July 31,2012 

GOODREADS AMAZON
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again

 First Thoughts
Everyone told me that I had to read this book. It was soooo good, and I would not regret it etc… Usually when that happens everyone has hyped it up so much that when I read it, it falls flat. I’ve already built up in my head that his book should be on my top ten lists. Having so much hype on a book can either make it or break it.

My thoughts
With that being said, this is the one time where a book was hyped by everyone I know, I mean twitter; bloggers, Facebook, everyone and it did not let me down. It actually rose above my expectations and surpassed them. I loved this book so much where I feel this review will just turn into me constantly pimping it out to you. hehe! Like I’m so in awe with everything about it, I loved the characters, the plot, the beginning, middle and end. Here is my first sales pitch. If you don’t have a copy of this book then go and buy, and if you have a kindle, Purchase it now, and you can thank me later!

The characters:
Have I mentioned how much I loved these characters? Because I do! They are so rugged, flawed, and so not your typically high School kids.  They were not one-dimensional. They were dealing with problems that most adult don’t have to deal with. Instead of thinking about prom and who is dating who. They were dealing with repressed memories, tragedies, and just trying to get their lives back somewhere close to normal.
Echo, who I love! (Great name BTW) is not your average straight A student. She has all these scars on her arm that she can’t explain. She went from popular girl to social outcast.
Noah, man I loved him.  Who is known around the social as a stoner, who uses girls then want nothing to do with them later. What no one’s knows is that he has secrets of his own, and his life is far from perfect.

Secondary characters:
Were also great! I loved Mrs. Collins (social worker/counselor) .She did what was best for them not what everyone else felt they should be doing.

Beth (Noah’s friend) sometimes I liked her sometimes I didn’t, but I am looking forward to her story. Everyone else was petty great too! I loved getting to know their families.  I also loved the dual POV. Normally it’s not my thing but, in this case it really worked, probably due to Katie McGarry’s writing.

Overall, this is one book you should not pass on. It pulls you in every direction! Sometimes I would cry (I cried a lot) then I would laugh, and other times found me really happy. I don’t think I could describe how much I loved this book. This review doesn’t do it justice. I never wanted their story to end. I really would buy short mini novels that just show me little parts of their lives that continue after this book.

P.S did I mention that I love this book and that Katie Mcgarry just became my hero, and that you should own a copy of this book, yesterday!

For real, go get a copy, you won’t regret, but be prepared to fall in love with these character’s and you’re going to want to read it all the way through so make sure you have some hours  to devote to reading.

Comments

  1. Well I may just have to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just moved up on my tbr list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book so much, too! The characters were just amazing. It's my favorite book I've read this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Review! I'm sooo glad you enjoyed it! And aren't the characters just fantastic!!?? I loved them! :D I can't wait until Beth's story next!

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loved this book soo much so glad everyone mad me read it.Beth's story will be just as good I hope :D

      Delete
  5. Loved your review and this book. Hey, I was wondering how you got the textbox over your summary? I've been trying to figure that out for ever. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was beyond amazing! best book of the year :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely review and I cannot wait to meet Echo and Noah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not seen one negative (or even less than glowing) review of this book. I CAN'T wait to read it!!

    Sarah @ That Teenage Feeling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because no one can NOT like this book. It was amazing!!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you loved this book as much as I did! it's definitely one of my fave reads so far this year.

    Thank-you for sharing your wonderful review Crystal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing!!!! gonna go check out your review now!

      Delete
  11. I'm glad that so many people have read and enjoyed this book. Usually, I am not a contemporary fan. However, this seems like a read that anyone can enjoy.

    Angie @YA Novelties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! Go get a copy! I highly recommend it!

      Delete

Post a Comment