Night of the Purple Moon By Scott Cramer

Title: Night of the Purple Moon
Author: Scott Cramer
Number of pages:18
Pub date: March 25,2012
AMAZON GOODREADS
Synopsis from Goodreads
Space germs wipe out virtually everyone who has passed through puberty.

Abby Leigh is looking forward to watching the moon turn purple. For months, astronomers have been predicting that Earth will pass through the tail of a comet. They say that people will see colorful sunsets and, best of all, a purple moon.

But nobody has predicted the lightning-fast epidemic that sweeps across the planet on the night of the purple moon. The comet brings space dust with it that contains germs that attack human hormones. Older teens and adults die within hours of exposure.

On a small island off the coast of Maine, Abby must help her brother and baby sister survive in this new world, but all the while she has a ticking time bomb inside of her -- adolescence


First thoughts
The synopsis was so good. The plot was so unique and even though I had no free time really I couldn't pass it up. This needs to be a movie! Scott Cramer did an amazing with this book and I am sooo glad I accepted the request to review it!

My thoughts
I really enjoyed this book! It was so unique and unlike any other book that I've read, especially for a post-apocalyptic book. Night of the purple had me from the very beginning! I loved that I didn't have to wait long before the story to get started; it was never a slow or dull moment. With the unique plot, likable characters this is a grade A book.

First let's talk about the plot and how creative it is. I comes passes though earth and sets off a purple moon which brings space germs that attack the human bodies with high levels of hormones. That means that all adults are gone, and children that have reached adolescents. Children are now left without parents, internet, electricity and the basic things they need to survive. Everyone has to grow up quickly and stick together to build a better future for the younger kids, all the while dreading getting older, because as soon as one enters adolescents your time is limited, and no one is safe.

The characters in this book where Abby, Jordan, and their younger sister toucan (lisette).Abby is the oldest sibling; she learns of the outcomes from the comet and tries to get the island together so that they can care for themselves and their younger sibling. Kevin and Emily is Abby's neighbors' and they band together and figure out ways to survive. After everyone is finally accounted for there is just a small group of kids left. Now it's up to them to determine the best way to stay alive. Kevin and Abby were my favorite character's followed closely by everyone else. I enjoyed watching everything the kids had to do and learn in order to sustain their lives.

Overall this was a great story! I don't think I could have been in that situation and was strong enough to grow up that fast. Night of the purple moon kept me guessing! Who was next? What's going to happen? When would the cure be available? And if so would the character's I've grown to love be alive to receive it? This story will grip your heartstrings. It's a wonderful story told in the span of one year, and a lot happens, it's a book that you don't want to miss. The second one is one my books to watch list because I must find out what happens next.

I highly recommend this book it's a great must read for middle- school aged kids and beyond! Don't miss out!

Comments

  1. This sounds like a fun read and the plot sounds interesting..awesome review. I think my niece would love this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment