Glitch By Heather Anastasiu

Title: Glitch
Author: Heather Anastasiu
Number of pages: 371
Pub date: August 7,2012
Star Rating: 4 stars
Source:Netgalley
Goodreads Amazon


Synopsis provided by Goodreads
In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy

First thoughts
After reading the synopsis of this book I just knew it would be something I had to read. I loved the premise around the book, and the cover was AMAZING (I’m a sucker for a good cover :D)  Plus I love a good dystopian series .


My thoughts
I was quickly captivated by this story because it started off right away when Zoe has already been “glitching” for a couple months. Then the author soon lets us know what some of the differences are between the glitchers and everyone else within the community. Like when you glitch you now have feeling and emotions, can see in color, it basically a whole new world that she wants to understand. It sort of reminded me of my favorite book “The Giver” By Lois Lowry. A controlled society, everything is mapped out for you, and once you step out of line and discover that everything isn’t perfect, and you start to question everything then you must be stopped or in this case deactivated.

Let’s talk about the characters, shall we?  I liked Zoe! I enjoyed seeing her go from naïve girl to a character struggling with new understands and emotions and learning to cope with it. One of my favorite scenes in the book was when Zoe sees her family for the first time and understands the emotions of actually loving someone.Next is Max! I don’t know how I felt about him. Most of the time he was weird and creepy and just so enamored with Zoe that I didn’t like his character, but to me he was the most interesting because I love a good character that can cause conflict and is a little strange,and I'm a fan of the hated character.Adrien, was a god character. I liked that he helped people with his ability,he was sweet.Only thing I did not enjoy was the love triangle. I’m not a huge fan of love triangles in general; but if they do happen I love it when we have the slow-burn where we can really get to know each character before I decide who I want the girl with, and with this triangle it was never a question who she loved or who should be with.I wish the book didn’t bring romance in at least a lot later and we got to learn everything about the society as a whole.One thing I did enjoy was the continuous twist and turns, they were a big plus for me!! I loved how I wasn't able to predict the outcome,and I normally do,so this means they were totally unexpected. The author really surprised me at the end.I was lie what? Just did not see it coming.

 Omg I almost finished without talking about the powers that come from being glitched. I think this is what makes this story different. We've all seen the rebellion of characters, that discover their society is flawed somehow and rise up to challenge it, but the powers where an added bonus :D 

Overall this is a pretty good book and I look forward to finishing out the series!! I liked the writing (especially in action scenes) and the plot. Again the cover is just to great :)






Would I recommend it: Yes!

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness your blog realllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy makes me wanna read this book. It has definitely been added to my TBR list. Sounds like a great read. Keep posting more books so I can find more books. Thank you :)))))))) I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I finished this book a couple days ago and I absolutely loved it! Still have to write the review though.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Highly descriptive post, I loved that bit. Will there be a part 2?
    Also see my web site: TFSA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment